Baulmann_Firma_SW_16

History

Almost eighty years ago, in 1941, Johannes and Theresa Baulmann founded the lamp shade production Johann & Th. Baulmann in Sundern. Just six years later, in 1947, the production of lampshades was expanded to include metalworking. The son Johannes Baulmann took over the management in the second generation. The warehouse was enlarged and production was integrated into a new company complex. From then on, the company was based in the Selscheder Weg in Sundern. From 1978 onwards Johannes Baulmann junior took over the management in third generation. The production grew, the company was restructured and extended by office and administration buildings. With the conversion to CAD/CAM-controlled production, the export business expanded and a new focus was placed on the design of luminaires. This raised the development of individual lighting concepts and systems to a new level of quality. Alexander Baulmann entered the family business in 2007. He joined his father as co-managing director in 2013. Since 2016, Alexander Baulmann has been running the business on his own. He sees his task in continuing the tradition of high-quality luminaires in the 4th generation in such a way, that innovations like the digital transformation opens up opportunities for the company to penetrate even deeper into international markets.

1941

Foundation of Johann & Theresia Baulmann in Sundern through Johannes and Theresa Baulmann as a manufacturer of lampshades.

1947

Johannes Baulmann senior joins the company and expansion of the lampshade manufacture with the metalworking. New metalwork building in Johannesstrasse, Sundern.

1952

Annual exhibit at the Hanover Trade Fair.

1956

New buildings for the entire company on Selscheder Weg in Sundern.

Baulmann_Firma_SW_07
1958

Expansion of the warehouse.

1962

Construction of the office and administration building.

1976

Construction of the new lampshade assembly plant.

1982/84

Expansion of the metalwork assembly plant and shipping department.

1987

Complete restructuring of the metalwork assembly plant and machining operations.
Move into new buildings.

1990

Expansion of the office and administration building.

Baulmann_Firma_SW_24
1992

Change-over to CAD/CAM controlled manufacturing.

1994

Expansion of the export business.

1996

Start of collaboration with Concept partners.

2000

Premiere light + building in Frankfurt (biennial).

2007

Alexander Baulmann joins the family business at the side of his father.

Baulmann_Firma_SW_04
2013

Alexander Baulmann becomes Managing Director.

2016

Alexander Baulmann runs the business alone.